Workshop Theme: “Data Handling and Chance Activities that Promote Citizens’ awareness of data handling and chance”
Statement of Purpose:
To provide an opportunity for participants to:
- achieve common understanding of the International CensusAtSchool project and other efforts of countries to impact statistical literacy.
- acquire experience with CensusAtSchool country-specific data handling activities and resources for teachers and students;
- learn about census-like projects not coordinated with CensusAtSchool;
- further promote and increase students’ and teacher’s interests in statistical literacy globally.
- Increase awareness of the efforts made in the United States and other countries to improve statistical literacy of children in schools.
- Share existing hands-on activities in the US and other countries.