Margin of Error and testing claims in the media – Dru Rose
Dru’s workshop used iNZight visualisation tools and other simulation activities to build a conceptual understanding of margin of error, and the “rules of thumb” for testing claims in statistically-based reports. The accompanying resource pack includes a teaching outline, the activities, media reports, and worksheets.
- Stats Day 22 Nov AS3.12 Ppt Margin of error
- Sampling Error Ppt
- Political Polls in New Zealand Ppt
- AS 3.12 Margin of Error Lesson Plans
- Lessons 1 and 2 resources (zip)
- Lessons 3 and 4 resources (zip)
- Lesson 5 resources (zip)
- Lesson 6 resources (zip)
- Lesson 7 resources (zip)
Add a teaching resource
Have you created a resource which is suitable for CensusAtSchool and you would like to share with other teachers?