Level 7 Statistical Investigations, Kiwi Kapers 1, 2 and 3
An overview of how to use Kiwi Kapers 1, 2 and 3 to guide students through the process of making a point estimate through to interpreting informal confidence intervals.
Kiwi Kapers 1 – Use the PPDAC cycle to start to develop the ideas of using a sample to represent a population and of sampling variation.
Kiwi Kapers 2 – explore what sample size we want to be reasonably sure that the inference(s) we make are representative of the population.
Kiwi Kapers 3 – aim to develop a method for finding informal confidence intervals for medians.
- Level 7 Statistical Investigations using Kiwi Kapers ppt
- Click here to go to Kiwi Kapers 1
- Kiwi Kapers 2 Teacher notes
- 1, 1.5, 2 Confidence intervals
- Using Excel for graphing conf intervals
- Kiwi Kapers 3 Teacher notes
- Teaching Notes for Kiwi Kapers 3 Worksheet 1
Click here to go to the Senior Secondary Guide as referred to in the ppt
Kiwi Kapers written by P. Arnold.
Add a teaching resource
Have you created a resource which is suitable for CensusAtSchool and you would like to share with other teachers?