A response to the 2014 NZQA external assessments in the statistics strand of Mathematics and Statistics from NZ Statistical Association Education Committee. 15/4/2015.
- Origin and purpose of this document
- The 2014 assessments
- Level 1: AS91037: Demonstrate understanding of chance and data
- Level 2: AS91267: Apply probability methods in solving problems
- Level 3: AS91585: Apply probability concepts in solving problems
- Level 3: AS91586: Apply probability distributions in solving problems
- Level 3: AS91584: Evaluate statistically based reports
- Scholarship: Statistics
Origin and purpose of this document:
This document was prepared by members of the NZ Statistical Association’s Education Committee, for NZQA and for publication on the CensusAtSchool site, in March and April 2015.
The purpose is to support the continual improvement of assessment in statistics. Much of this document was written before the schedules for the assessments became available.
We have had a limited amount of time available for this task, but want to make sure the feedback is timely. We apologise for any unclarity or unevenness.
We welcome further discussion. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or other Committee members.